ARB Universal Differential Breather Kit
A differential / axle breather serves the important purpose on a 4WD vehicle of venting the air pressure in drivetrain assemblies such as the differentials, transmission and transfer case. Many drivetrain assemblies are fitted with a breather from the factory. These factory breathers are usually a one-way valve mounted directly to the housing or remotely on a short tube. There are many shortcomings to this style and the ARB Differential Breather Kit is designed to eliminate these by providing a high flow, zero back pressure, zero vacuum breather system.
This kit is intended to replace your factory breathers and contains enough fittings and tubing to connect at least two drivetrain assemblies. More tubing and push-in fittings can be purchased separately to connect up to four assemblies to the central manifold.
- The axle breather manifold is machined from billet aluminum and anodized, making it lightweight and resistant to the elements.
- The manifold has 4 axle breather ports allowing for between 1 and 4 breather lines to be connected. It is very compact allowing it to be installed in virtually any location.
- The kit comes with self tapping screws, but the manifold mounting holes are large enough to allow mounting using an M6 (1/4 inch) bolt or stud, which is the common size in most vehicle engine bays.
- The air filter is the ARB compressor air filter, which is a splash resistant air filter with a washable high flow sintered bronze filter cartridge.
- 8mm Polyethylene tubing is flexible, oil resistant, water resistant and heat resistant.
- 8mm tubing has been selected over the standard 6mm tubing to improve the air flow and reduced the chance of oil blockages in long breather lines.
- The 8mm push-in fittings make the installation simple and fast.
- Anodized Aluminum Manifold with 5 ports and 2 mounting holes
- 4 x 1/8"BSP ports for connecting up to 4 breather lines
- 1 x 1/4" NPT ports for the air filter
- Air filter assembly
- 4 x 8mm-1/8"BSP push-in fittings
- 3 x 1/8"BSP plugs for plugging unused ports
- 8m x 8mm polyethylene tubing
- 2 x self-tapping screws
- 25 x cable ties